Monday, October 16, 2006

Will I get free steak knives with this?

My God! I feel like such a hypocrite right now. Not three weeks ago I was blogging that I'd never find love. Well notes everyone! If you try to defy the gods, they will smack your arse down. Or up. But there will be LOTS of spanking involved! I swear its the god(dess) of love trying to prove I haven't been forgotten.

First came the 'I'll never find love' blog. Then came the 'first date that wasn't' blog, followed immediately by the 'new hotness at work' angsty blog. And now its the 'return of the SR' blog.

I got a call from the SR today. Obviously we haven't been seeing each other for a while. But have remained friends. He's quit his job. That was not unexpected. And now that he has more time on his hands he wanted to know if we could catch up like old times. Only he used different words. I kinda had to paraphrase or get my blog rating changed to R18+. And I told him very firmly, in a 'no' tone of voice, not to count on it. Which he was ok with. We then arranged to meet for coffee later in the week.

My advice is this - if you don't think something is going to happen, don't say it. Climb on top of the tallest building/bridge and scream it at the world. Or blog it. Whatever. Just make sure as many people as possible know. You could try taking out a freaking TV ad during the grand final. That way, when fate or the Gods or the fairy dust on your keyboard decided to take you out, its easier for them to make you to suffer a very public, very humiliating smack in the face. And sometimes thats not necessarily a bad thing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I sort of lost you in the last paragraph.
Was it a "Deal" or "No Deal"? I some times wish our lives were more "public" in the sense that everything was in the open and real, not in the open, but "maybe" the real thing.
Love your blog, a new "lurker".

phishez said...

Its was a 'lets keep it as friends'. And WELCOME!!!

Steph said...

Sometimes a smack is good. As you've just shown. :P

Greyhound Girl said...

It never freakin' fails! the love gods are the meanest ones out there! by far! yikers!

phishez said...

Steph - I'm never opposed to a smack ;)

Prof - She's just vicious and vindicitive is that one!

poody said...

Friiends with benefits looks like to me hey if the shoe fits wear it. You can always kick it off and put on another pair!

phishez said...

Poody - thats damn good advice!!! I really like it!