Friday, March 28, 2008

Pain. Much Pain

Its nearly 2 pm and I’m sitting here in my jammies. My hair is greasy and I need to brush my teeth. I slept last night. I actually slept!

For the past few nights I’ve woken up in torment. I have a toothache. Neurofen doesn’t work. Codeine doesn’t work. I’m in agony. Two nights ago it took two codeine, two neurofen and a shot of vodka to get me to sleep. Seriously dangerous stuff. Especially since they advocate no more than 6 neurofen a day, and that was over an hour. I think I passed out rather than went to sleep.

I went to the dentist last night. From all accounts it sounds like I have an infection UNDER a filling. Fucking OUCH!!!!

The x ray showed nothing, if it is what they think then I got in too early for anything to show. But they took the filling out and put two anti biotic linings in. Hopefully it will fix it. I took the opportunity of being numb to sleep for an hour when I got home. That hour was worth more than all the sleep I’d had all week.

And for now I’m still drugged to the eyeballs.

13 comments to “Pain. Much Pain.”

  1. Ohhhh….. *hugs*

    Tooth pain is the worst kind of pain. I had a tooth ache that ohh I think I blogged about it ;)

    At least you are getting it fixed. I haven’t yet :|


  2. Oh! Horrors! I do know about toothaches. I do hope the antibiotic fillings work.

    It’s 4:00 a.m. here. Alex and I are awake after cuddling and sleeping since 8:00 p.m. He’s outside catting around and I am trying to figure out why the furball decided to waken me and command that I open the door for him so early.


  3. Major sympathies from me.

    Owwwwww - poor little chooky!

    I had root canal a couple of years ago to deal with a broken tooth and that wasn’t a big heap of fun. I’m glad you’re getting it seen to.

    Bart Cat had to have two of his teeth taken out last week - so I”m sure he’s sympathising too.


  4. Next time the pain is insufferable, try something based on Nimesulid.

    I’m glad i’m back on board. I missed u for a while.


  5. I am. not. a. dentist. person. AT.ALL. Good luck and feel better because I feel for you!
  6. I fucking HATE toothache. If there is a bigger torment in the world I don’t know what it is.

    Get that sucker fixed!


  7. There are other, better drugs you can try….
  8. Hey girl how about that? I am glad to hear you are still around and it sounds like you have a regular man about as well. Yeah Phish! Good luck sweetie you deserve a good man! I have been watching American Idol and there is a guy on there from Perth. I love him of course!
  9. Fucken ouch.

    I hope to hell your all better soon… especially seeing as you’ll be coming to visit soon! You’ll need to be in tip-top shape for that!


  10. Yay for drugs. I kept a stash of an ex-girlfriend’s valium for just such instances.

    Of course the cost of dental work probably isn’t helping your pain at all!

    BTW - was a lurker on your old site and found you through another’s blogroll. Not sure why it was this that brought me out of lurkdom.


  11. Poor thing! MrWurdi’s been dealing with tooth pain this past week, too.

    It’s really good to “see” you again!


  12. I’m guessing so-and-so just got a little overzealous and knocked a filling out. ;)
  13. OUCHHHHHHHHHHHH

No comments: