Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Warning: dead angsty post ahead

I have just gotten back from my latin dancing class. I'm feeling really good. My dance instructor has said a teacher training course is opening soon. I'd love to do it. Further study, doing something I LOVE, plus if/when I ge the piece of paper I can be PAID to do a hobby. How cool would that be? Plus the extra qualification can come in handy if I ever have a career change.

But at the same time, I'm feeling angsty (hence the warning). Tonight I looked damn good, makeup, boots, gorgeous outfit, thong (hey, it matched the bra!). I had the looks, I had the attitude, and I had the moves. I was going to make a move on the cute one there. I caught him eyeing me off a few times. Change of partner comes around. We make eye contact. I flash my most winning smile (and believe me, its a heart stopper). We begin to walk towards each other. And some IDIOT walks between us. And during the half second that eye contact was broken, someone else has grabbed him. Story of my life.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Girlfriend, you's too polite! It's a fucking war zone out there mofo! You need to get some killer instinct about you.

Yeah, what Vag said. ^^ or carry a big stick. *whack, whack* Can you dig it?

By the way, I'm channeling an African American chick today. *snap* *head shake* weeeeeee! can you tell?

phishez said...

It wasn't the idiot who stepped between us that grabbed him. It was the half second of broken eye contact that opened the other persons window.

I'm after a gentleman. Try finding one of those booting people in the head!