Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Workism

Work has sucked something shocking lately. We have been without a leader for a whole year, next Saturday. And its showing in our group. Not normally the most cohesive bunch, but our previous supervisor (we have two, they swap areas each December) has been playing us against each other. Not sure why, but everybody is kind of at everybody elses throats. Which is why I'm leaving.

But the shit has really hit the fan. My current supervisor, the one who actually gives a damn, has just made the swap back to my area. And he doesn't want to pick up the mess and unravel the tensions there. I can't really say I blame him.

As a result, he's decided to 'step down'. We're both a bit excited. He was concerned that he would not have a job to step into. But seeing as I'm looking to move on its eased up a bit for him.

I wish him the best of luck. And regret the circumstances that led to this decision. Ultimately it is the best thing for him. And that is what matters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when supervisors try to pit co-workers against each other. That happens at my work all the time.

Grr!

Greyhound Girl said...

When work is in upheaval it feels like the world is unraveling. I hope you have some calmness at work soon- and people stop being bitchy!

phishez said...

I'm so confused right now. They're going to promote one of the current staff to the supervisors position. Of the three other suitable applicants, one has downright refused to accept the job (plus she's retiring in about a year anyways). Another can't work in half of the facility due to allergies. That leaves me and one other. I'm not going for it. I don't have the experience at the facility. But the other (who we are all treating as the replacement anyways) will be having kids within a few years. Which will leave me as the most senior and experienced person to take the supervisors role. So if I stay I can really go somewhere (more $, MORE STRESS). Or I can get out now and follow my heart, for less $$$.