Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ho's before Bro's

So I hooked up with my flatmates' best mate (again) last weekend. Actually he thought he'd get me and my friend, but she wasn't interested. Anyway...

When we got home, the two of us were starting to fool around, and my friend walks straight into my flatmates room and wakes him up. We are trying to keep what we're doing from my flatmate (makes life VERY interesting).

My flatmate's bedroom door, and one of my bedroom doors face each other. So we're standing between these, and we hear very clearly my name and the guys name. I look up at him, swear, and he walks into the flatmates bedroom to do damage control.

So all four of us end up outside, me and my mate sitting on the bonnet of her car talking, and my flatmate and his mate sitting on the steps talking, for about half an hour, maybe more. Then the guy I had hooked up with gets up, and gets into his car to leave. I asked him if he's really going. Yes, yes he is. I'm dumbfounded. I go stand beside my flatmate, and watch him go. My mate goes to to talk to him to get him to come back. Nothing doing.

He drives off. I think, he's gotta be coming back. I call him, his phone's off. I call hang up and redail. Same result. Repeat about 10 times. Finally he picks up.
Me: You coming back
Him: No. (remember this guy is a player here)
Me: WHAT!!!
Him: There's too many people wandering around there at the moment
Me: He's gone to bed
Him: but with all the shit going on at the moment I dont want to risk it
Me: So when then
Him: Next week sometime
Me: *Sexually frustrated* WHEN!!!

So after the converstaion finishes I walk inside. My mate is already on the sofa, out of it.
Her: You must hate me
Me: No, but it was going to be good
Her: You must hate me
Me: Ho's before bros girlie
Her *Laughs*

Anyhoo, I got to thinking the next day. What exactly was this guy talking about when he said 'all the shit that's been going on'. Because I had no idea. My flatmate and I were so close once, and now I have no idea when something major is going on? I know that I've been a bit more reclusive since my Grandpa died, and its normal, but I still feel so bad. I used to be one of the people he would tell everything to, and now that something major is going on, I have no idea?

And now I get no chance to talk to him, because one of his mates has moved in, and she's stolen his TV (which he bought for his kids), and stuck it in her own room. So he spends most of his time in there, and I dont get to really see that much of him.

I was considering buying a new TV to put in the lounge, because I really really dont want to move mine out of my room. That way we can sit in the lounge instead of being locked in our rooms when we want to watch tv. But I really can't afford it.

So I've been making more of an effort to talk to him when he's around. Its only been a day, but I think if I make the same effort I did before to talk to him (its not much really), then we should be able to maintain our friendship.

And tonight I cooked a roast (which I do weekly anyway), and tossed on some extra veggies for him. I was hoping to do a catch up dinner and drinks, but as I was seriving dinner ("You want gravy"), there's a knock at the door. His ex has bought over the kids and wants him to do the whole 'happy family' thing. So he bolts down his dinner, while I'm playing with the kids, and goes out with them all. So there goes that idea. But I figure at least he knows I'm still here to talk to if he needs it.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I don't get it. Why can't you root him??

phishez said...

He left. That's why. I have this obsessive need to keep my personal life just that... mine. I dont know his mates reason for keeping it quiet, but it works for me.