Saturday, July 01, 2006

What makes a blog

I'm trying to convince my sister to begin blogging. She has her own account, which she uses to comment occasionally. But I love blogging so much I want to share the feeling with her.

Now she claims that she doesn't have anything interesting to share. I disagree. EVERYONE is interesting to somebody. She works in a soap factory as the receptionist (forgive me if I have the titles wrong there). Lots of co-workers. She used to manage real estate agency. Lots of idiots there. I think she'd have alot to say.

I told her it is 'just the way you tell it. I'm going through my page at the moment and theres a meme, theres a bit that i glossed over becuase I don't really want to blog it, but felt that they should know what happened, there's a bit where I describe my new shoes, and a fair bit of idiocy'. No interesting stories there.

Here is my recipe for a good read

A cup of embarrasing stories to prove you're human
A teaspoon of meme's and forwards to moisten dry spells
A healthy ability to make fun of yourself, just becuase that ability will get you through life a hell of alot easier
A pinch of vulnerability share some serious stuff and insecureties. Make yourself REAL to your readers
Day to day events. You might think it boring and tedious, but have you ever read someones diary? Its like that. FFS Steph has blogged about jogging in the early hours of the morning several times, and we all lap it up! GBE has blogged about the time her budgie shat on her toast.
A shiteload of randomness Gav has blogged about throwing a pink starburst at the telly. And on more than one occasion I have blogged about hotness.

Have I missed anything fellow bloggers?

5 comments:

Greyhound Girl said...

Great receipe- I think you have the reight ingrediants...but what do i know- I can't cook. but is sounds good to me hunny!

phishez said...

Social commentary too. Always comes in handy.

Lily said...

Hey! I found my way over here, and I must say, you have some really interesting entries. It's obvious you follow your recipe!

phishez said...

Me - Well done and thanks. I'm a regular at your place. Not sure I say much, but I definitely read.

Lily said...

I don't think you've ever commented before today....

I had no idea I had "lurkers."

It's actually pretty cool. ;)