Saturday, May 27, 2006

How to get let into bed

I'm full of stories of late aren't I?

This is a quite amusing little anecdote about one of my kitties tricks.

So Sydney has been quite cold of late. Hell its freezing at night here, as far as I'm concerned. Its actually colder IN my house than OUTSIDE. If you're cold, go outside to warm up.

Anyways. What precious kitty does is during the middle of the night, when she decides she's cold, she finds the warmest place in the house. Which is IN MY BED. Unfortuantely I must be awoken to let her under the covers. None of this 'do it for yourself' nonsense. How un-cat-like is that!

Her method of letting me into the bed is as follows;

1) Walk around on the bed purring like mad. No response? Step 2

2) Poke owner in the face with cold wet nose. It moves, but response isn't satisfactory. Go to step 3.

3) Lay on arm. You'd better wake up soon miss, or I'll make you. What do you think of that.

And then, the finale

4) Put cold cold feet on bare forarm. Ooh, you're awake now are you? How about that!

At this stage she is balanced totally on my arm. Nice warm, furry body, with these two long strips of ice cold near the elbow. Seriously. Have you ever felt cold cat feet? Its like frozen leather! And because the cat is fully on my arm it takes about three times longer to get her off, and under the covers. Once she's under, she crawls down near my calves. and curls up there, nice and warm.

And then, who can forget the wrap up, where she shows her true gratitiude. She decides that its rude of her to keep all of the cold to herself, and puts those cold, cold cat leather feet onto my leg. My BARE leg.

This cat is about a subtle as a jellyfish to the head.

6 comments:

Steph said...

My mum's cat climbs under the blankets but the purring is SO loud it keeps me awake for friggin hours.

Shelley said...

My cat used to sit on my hip-bone or walk down my front or back - managing to find every bone with her hard little feet - when she wanted something. Now she lives with my parents and does it to my mother instead :)

phishez said...

Although there is nothing quite like a massage a la kitty

phishez said...

I dunno gav - each to their own I say.

Chuck said...

My cats like to stick their cold wet noses into my ear, purring all the while. Which usually makes me laugh and then I wake up and let them under the covers.... Sneaky buggers...

phishez said...

Chuck - its their unique way of saying 'I love you but if you don't let me in I'm gonna have to hurt you"