Monday, May 22, 2006

*SIGH*

I have returned from the land of sunshine and happy relaxation. Otherwise known as Queensland.

I have returned from the place of randomness, where I can hug anybody on a whim, and where being flicked with fishwater after a biiig night out seems normal. And by this I mean college.

I get to my street, and the person who is supposed to be looking after my cats is crossing the road. Cue a wave. Keep driving. I get home, walk in the door, and immediately remember why it was I kept SR around.

The house stinks, its like I've been slapped in the face by the smell. The litter tray hasn't been cleaned in about 5 days (thats a very conservative estimate), there is vomit in the hallway, cat hair all over the bathroom, urine in the KITCHEN sink (*ewww... where's my bleach*). Boots hasn't been given any medication, and their food looked old. Seriously, it is dry food and it looked old. Not to mention the fact that they had been fed the wrong food, so for the next three days I will have to endure the stench as one cat's digestive system returns to normal. And the back door was unlocked.

I call her. She claims she hasn't been there for three days (litter tray tells me 5), and that seeing as I am now home she's not coming in. Then hangs up on me. Not a wise move. I let her know, way more agressively than I should have, the conditions that the cats were left in, and that she will never make it working with animals if she will let them get to that point.

So fresh from my holidays I have to clean all of this up, get all of the mail since last Wednesday, head to the post office and pick up my *new* braodband modem, and set that up too.
Being tired, stressed and angry, I re-aquaint myself with my BOBs, head for a shower and get into my jammies. Ready for a night of blogging.

I decide to go to KFC for dinner, and just toss on my new jacket and do drive through. The guy at the window was TEH HOTNESS!!! OMG. And there I was, sitting in this sexy new jacket, with pajama bottoms, and my car in reverse (cuz I'd aimed at the wrong bit of the window and had to back Clancy up), and I swear he noticed it all. Some things will never change.

Part of me prays that he thought I was having a dinner break from being a clown.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Welcome back!!

People that don't keep up on their promises to look after your house/cats are the worst. She clearly knew she eff'd up and it speaks volumes to her true personality that she would hang up on you. If she didn't want to take care of your kittys, she should have just said no thank you when you asked.

Glad to hear you had a good vacation, though.

phishez said...

Chuck - I think she only said she would look after them because I let her out of the 'paid notice' that she was supposed to give when she moved out. And I didn't ask. She offered. It would have been a hell of a lot cheaper for me to make her pay that and put the kids in a cattery. Must.*twitch*. Not.*twitch*.Kill.

Gav - any day you come back from holidays has gotta suck.