Sunday, May 28, 2006

Thoughts

I'm full of milestones of late aren't I?

Well it is almost a year to the hour since I moved to Sydney and got to my place of 'residence'. I can still remember that first week. Of course my memories are helped by this site.

And at the moment I can't help but kick myself. I left for all the wrong reasons. There was someone, who I saw everyday, but couldn't be near. So when I got my chance I upped and ran. Interstate, as I tend to do. I am still very close to this person. I'm closer to him now, but my chances of being with him are further away. I've changed too much. And it kills me. I liked who I was. I'm not saying I don't like who I am now, but I feel so far removed from the best I can be right now.

I have had some really good times, and I have met some amazing, special people who I think will be lifelong friends, and just tonight I have met someone new. But on the whole I find Sydney people to be rude, arrogant assholes who want to take everything you've got, and when there's nothing left they'll take a piece of your spirit.

My recent holidays have highlighted something I've known all along. If I am to have any chance of being true to myself, and getting what is best for me, I will require another interstate move. Unfortunately I cannot do this with my current financial situation. But as soon as Clancy is paid off, I will go. Back home. Back to Queensland.

1 comment:

Greyhound Girl said...

wow what an assessment of the Sydney bunch- the tourism board aint hirn; you hunny! but congrats on the year...I think...