Wednesday, May 31, 2006

So today is the first anniversary of my new job. and I took it as a sickie. How Australian!

I didn't want to get out of bed today. I didnt sleep well last night. It may be because of the bad news I received yesterday. But it might also be becasue of the bottle of coke I drank shortly before bed, or the fact that the new housemate left all of the bloody light on when he went to bed.

So when I woke up with a (very slightly) sore back, I jumped at the chance and called in sick. Since most of our work is very physical anyway we have to look after ourselves.

I did nothing all day. Picked up a parcel. Came home, browsed blogs, called SR (please chuck - don't e-kick my e-arse), washed a blanket, tried to play games, browsed my music collection, spoke to a friend on the internet...

Nothing I did today was completed. Just a half arsed day by myself. Even my crying was half arsed. A sob here, few tears there. Not much of anything. I still can't beleive it.

I added a heap of pages to my bloglist to stalk. But I haven't really read any of them. Just an article here and there. Half arsed again.

I have come to the following conclusions about blogs
  • Blogs with music bug me. Its not like its good music anyway. Shitty tinny sounding stuff. If might be shaping up to be a good blog, but as soon as the music sounds I'm clicking 'next blog'
  • Don't blog about political stuff that you know is contoversial and then complain that you're getting abused.
  • I don't like blogs in foreign languages. Simply becuase when you get one, the next fifty you click on will be the same. And thats fifty blogs I just cannot read!
  • The most mundane blogs are so damn interesting. Not 'I got up and had a piece of toast...' mundane. But its nice to see how other people live day to day. I think thats what attracted me to blogging in the first place.

I am going to see a movie tonight. But this one I'll pay to see, so I'll watch all of it. I need to get out. Go away and do something. Get out of my own head. Movies are good for me, because they make you feel... stuff. And right now stuff would be good.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Sorry to hear about your loss babe.
you do what you have to, to get through it.

(( many hugs))

phishez said...

One other thing to add to what I learnt about blogs ==> you will always find wither very good, or very crappy blogs. I have been trawling for an hour and added ONE blog to my stalk list. Most of them came from the other night.

Chuck said...

I won't e-kick you when you're down.

Take care, Hon.