Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Theres nothing like the death of a friend to make you put all of your troubles behind you

Katrina was always the tall glamourous one. Thin, but not gangly. Quiet, but at the same time so NOT. And by that I mean she wasn't loud, but she sure knew how to party. Most of my memories are as a group, at the dances on college. That was where she really shone.

She seemed to have a theme song - 'when you're looking like that'. And every time I heard that song I always thought of her. And that Shakira song about humble breasts. That was the period of time where we were friends.

On Wednesday she was taken to the emergency room by her boyfriend of over 5 years. She had pains in the back and because she had a heart problem, he was worried. The doctors concluded it was a pulled muscle and sent her home. On Thursday she collapsed. She had septicemia. Two days later she died.

She was 22. And one hell of alot of fun.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Life is so cruel sometimes. Twenty-two is far too young to have the end of your life come. Take care, sweetie. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

The Mutant said...

I'm glad that you remember her for the funloving partier that she was - Just think of the awesome time she'll be having in heaven!