Monday, January 01, 2007

NYE 2007

I could blog so much about last night. But I choose not to. Suffice to say it was the best New Years I have ever had. It was perfect. Sydney really knows how to put on a show. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing. I have never been prouder to be an Aussie in my entire life. The drunkest of the drunks were happy. I didn't see anybody who was agressive or unhappy. It was peaceful. It was a real celebration. And everybody took the crowds and the sardine trains really well. Trying to cram about 6000 onto the train back into the city after the fireworks, it would have taken just one person to turn it into pandemonium. But it all went really smoothly. Full congratulations to the guys behind the show. It must have been so stressful to get it to run so well. But it was fantastic. My legs still ache. I'd do it all again. And not change a thing.

I, myself, had very little to drink. And we staggered home at 5:30 am. As people were leaving to go to work.

I'd like to thank 2007 in advance. You've gotta be better than your predecessor. 2006 can KISS MY BIG FAT ARSE! I'll even grow a nice big zit for it to suck on when its down there.

"This is to all the beautiful ladies for 2007! For the men who are fortunate enough to have us, the losers who have had us and lost us, and the lucky bastards who we've still to meet!"






And Sydney still loves its bridge.

3 comments:

Woman Analyzer said...

Awesome. I'm reading this at 2:37 am New Year's day. Gotta love the time exchange. You get to have the second New Year's. I hear New Zealand has the first. Your New Year's must feel like our 4th of July, since it's in the summer w/ fireworks. I am so with you. I hope this year brings a man worth waiting for. I wish the same for you! :)

mist1 said...

People had to work today? I would have been fired for showing up in the state that I've been in all day.

phishez said...

Desi - Thats a pretty good comparison. And yes - I agree eith the guy thing. I just wish he'd get his act together. I'm sick of waiting.

Mist - I didn't bother to go. I told them in advance I'd be in no conditon to show up.