Saturday, May 26, 2007

Damn You Murphy!

Its always the damn way. You lose something, you search high and low for it. You tear your room apart, and put it all back together again. Still it doesn't show. You're so frustrated. You go out and replace it.

Only to have said item appear first thing the next morning.

Yep. You guessed it. I did find my brush. This morning. Before I even got out of bed. I said I thought it might be in my bed. And I checked there. THREE times! This morning I was wriggling around in bed, enjoying it. Mind out of the gutter everybody. Bed is one of my favorite places to be. And I was rubbing my feet against the foot of my bed. It didn't feel quite right. I thought to myself 'I think I just found my hairbrush'. And I had.

Stuck between the doona and the blanket. AND THEN wedged between the end of the mattress and the end of the bed.



This isn't MY bed. Its a store model. Mine has heaps more pillows, a few stuffed toys, the occasional cat, and is only made when I change the sheets or I think I'm gonna get laid.

Plus that sheet set is fucking hideous.

13 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, loving the new template! Who's teh chick up in the left hand corner? She's teh hawt!!

phishez said...

She came with the template. I tried to evict her but she wouldn't hear of it.

Cazzie!!! said...

I LOOOOVVVEEEEE this new template..it is HAWT and it ROCKS!!!!

Crushed said...

You did that last night, early afternoon here. Must have done.
Quite brooding, though. Like it.

Trundling Grunt said...

When did you redecorate? Nice look.

I hope you're going to be nice to your much maligned pussy now that you've found your brush.

raffi said...

so, in the bed all this time as you suspected. i would check the brush for crabs.... you never know. nice template and pic.

Webmiztris said...

seriously.... I mean, orange sheets? wtf?

Unknown said...

Regardless of Murphy’s Law, mine is: Whenever one purchases something to replace something that is lost, the lost item appears within 24 hours.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were looking for the bed - and I was thinking how stupid can you be?

Chris said...

Well now you have two brushes...

... congratulations!

Or you could give one to charity?

Or a friend?

I see a lot to be positive about in this simple story!

Jay said...

And so the saga comes to an end...but what a story it was! I can't decide if this is a happy ending or not. On the one hand, you are reunited with your beloved brush. But on the other hand, you already bought a new one, so that's wasteful.

Hmm.

Well, keep the new one in a safe place for any future emergencies at least.

phishez said...

Cazzie - suits me don't you think?

Ingsoc - Thanks. Still working some kinks out.

Grunt - she still steals my underwear though.

Raffi - I've never had crabs, and I use a different brush to style my hair 'down there'. When I have it that is

Miztris - I know. Gross!

Nick - I hadn't even gotten out of bed when mine reappeared

Mutley - I can be pretty stupid sometimes.

Chris - keep one spare for when I lose the first.

Jay - i hate losing brushes. So I'm keeping it in a safe place. Which I'll probably forget about!

Trundling Grunt said...

p: she probably wears it while you're out. I'd keep an eye on her if I were you.