Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fucking Stupid Government Jobs!!!

I submitted my resume to a government organisation a few weeks ago. I kept meaning to chase up my application but I kept forgetting pretty much immediately after.

I got myself a phone call on Monday Afternoon. They wanted to interview me for a position as a quarantine inspector. To be honest. They wanted to PREinterview me for interviews on Wednesday. On Monday afternoon. I said I was very interested, but didn't have the time at the immediate... time. I requested that she send me a copy of the position description so I could be completely clear about the reason for the interview. She promised to email me the PD, and I'd get back to her about a suitable time for the interview.

I never got the PD. And I didn't get called for the interview.

The whole situation sucks. I sent them my resume just after applications closed. The person in charge of that position was on holidays. I asked in the email, that if my application was going to progress, could she email or call. I indicated that I wasn't sure what the job would entail.

Then I get a random call for a preinterview, NOT EVEN TWO DAYS before scheduled interviews. I HATE shit like that. If I had gotten through to the interview I would have had to arrange time off work THE DAY BEFORE. And my Wednesday (today) was cuh-razy busy.

And then she didn't follow through with the PD!

Arseholes, the lot of them! And the thing that sucks - Governement jobs pay REALLY well. And I know I would have been damn good at my job too. GRR.

***********************
I think I might have inadvertently flashed the twins at Married Man today. Oh dear!

10 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Well, they do have to justify their existance somehow those Government Employed People..even if it is pissing us all off by not calling back, sending duplicate letters that cost the tax payers money for stamps/post or even calling back and leaving messages...more charges...
It sucks. I hope you get what ever it is you want, when the time permits

Cinema Minima said...

Probably would have been running around in black pyjamas, raiding houses for illegal wildlife and saving cute furry animals from poachers.

But sadly these jobs never turn out as sexy as they appear on TV and/or in my mind.

Crushed said...

You want to work for the system?
No, girl, no. Pay good, but it's blood money.

poody said...

But it is after all a government job so of course they never did what they said they would do!

itelli said...

Government work is good. U can tell other people u work for their benefit. And some of them believe it.

Lulu (Dan's cat) said...

Everybody in the government is an arsehole. Now I want to take a dump on every one of them, the bastards! It's their loss, not yours.

Now can I get a belly rub please?

MEOW!!!

phishez said...

Cazzie - arseholes is what they are!

Man - There's always dirt. Lots of dirt.

Ingsoc - I've sold my soul already to my current job.

Poody - I could definitely expect more

Itelli - I'm in it for the money

Lulu - *bellyrub*

redcap said...

Government jobs are set up so that only people who've done the internal government course on applying for jobs can get them. And I kid you not - when I was a public servant, there really was a course.

I can't believe no-one asked about accidentally flashing the girls, though. How did you manage that?!

Trundling Grunt said...

Government jobs pay well down there? That's amazing, but they're still arseholes...

phishez said...

Redcap - I can't actually believe it either! I was fossicking in the top of my uniform for the headphones of my mp3 player. If he noticed he would have seen bra.

Grunt - they run the country. I'd be kinda ashamed to say that I work for them seeing as our leader is a gigantic twat!