Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I heart you Karma!

A few weeks ago I was cleaning out my cupboards. I had too many clothes and couldn't fit them all in. So I decided to rid myself of some of my older, pre-Sydney clothes (read too big and waaay too daggy. Oh, how my tastes have changed since Sydney got its claws into me!)

Anyhoo. I had only a few months back bought myself two shirts from K-mart. They were both the same style as a shirt I already had, but in different colours. So I bought them without trying them on, in a size smaller. When I got home I put them on. They were a tad generous in their sizing, but they looked ok. Plus they were cheap. So I ripped the tags off and stowed them in a drawer.

Only to lose more weight.

I found them when I was cleaning the drawers. Most of the clothes I 'sorted' were in pretty bad condition, so I decided to toss them. These two tops were obviously never worn. I attempted to sell them on eBay, but they didn't take. I ended up giving them to a workmate.

Fast forward to late last week.

So I've lost quite a bit of weight recently. This person had a coat at home that they had purchased off eBay, but was quite small for its stated size. And she thought I might be interested in it.


She thought I might be interested in....


A LEOPARD PRINT TRENCHCOAT!















Oh.Holy.Fuck.Yes.

I decided not to post pics of the whole trenchy. But if anybody remembers me telling about my favourite necklace, thats it in the first pic.













And as an aside, how cute is this pic? I was on my compy, and Rai jumped up for a cuddle. Then she snuggled under my scarf and posed. All by herself!

17 comments:

Kav said...

That is the perfect coat to go naked under. I want one. Not for me, of course.

phishez said...

You know, under that coat I was actually just wearing a bra. Thats why the collar shot was angled from below. I didn't want to give too much away.

Crushed said...

I can't quite see what the necklace is- What exactly is the centrepiece?

You change your avatars quite frequently.
Not that I'm complaining. That's three different views I've seen.

phishez said...

The avatars seem to get boring. I'm so tempted to put the last photo, of the cat as my next one. I'll probably succumb to that temptation in a few days.

Crushed said...

I can't get my avatar to work. At least you have several choices.

Tug said...

SCORE! Yay for you...I love the coat!

raffi said...

anything leopard-print spells instant action.

Natalia said...

Ohhhh love it. And love the new design. I just got back from Greece so I am making the rounds catching up on what's been going on :)

-N

Spiky Zora Jones said...

First off...cute pic of you and the kitty. I did the same in cleaning out my closets and drawers. I came away with 5 loads for the local Goodwill.

I so love that leopard coat. It kind of brings out the feline in a gal...huh? You know what you wear or don't wear really makes that coat wonderful and fun. hehehe. Later.

Anonymous said...

I have a tiger skin coat Ms Rules - if you are interested. I have tried to sell it on ebay but I got bounced by some silly law about trafficking in endangered species....

poody said...

love the coat and the new look too!

Cazzie!!! said...

HAWT DAMNED GIRL!!! I want that coat!!
Raia..you good kitty, yu did that all by your own self!!!

Unknown said...

Raia is amazingly cute. (Please don’t tell Alex I said that; the cat who owns me thinks I look at no other cats).

Congratulations on the weight loss—especially if that was your goal.

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin the new profile pic! And don't you love it when you toss old clothes because they're too big rather than having to buy new clothes because your current ones are too small? Congrats on the weight loss... and awesome coat!

Webmiztris said...

omg, that coat looks amazing....I'm totally jealous!

Anonymous said...

raaaoooooow!! Go tiger x

Josh said...

That's pretty fierce, Phishy. Cute kitty too. :)