Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm going away!

Yes, peoples you read right. I packed my bags and am now off on a big fat guilt trip!

I was working with Whatawaste this afternoon. Not even an hour ago. And some of the animals we were working with were being particularly difficult. I jokingly said to Whatawaste "You know if you stress them enough, they stop moving."

My supervisor came around to tell me it was almost time to go. I thought I'd help him a bit more and squeeze in one more procedure before I left. But that particular animal had some serious attitude. I told it I'd stress it into oblivion and it started behaving. So I finished what I had to do (and I did it perfectly) and put her back with her mates.

Only she wasn't moving. All of my jokes bit me on the arse and it hurts.

I feel so terrible now. These things do happen. Whatawaste was kind and understanding. The type of niceness that makes you feel about two inches tall. You're kicking yourself, and you know you should be, but no-one else is. I wish he'd yelled at me.

I'm baking a chocolate cake. Only its not going to be full sized. I think I ate about half of the batter.

11 comments:

Crushed said...

So you are coming to visit?
I'll get the sofa bed ready for you.

phishez said...

So is the uk the best destination for guilt trips these days?

Dan said...

Ah, don't feel bad. We all do things we're sorry about later. If anything we learn from our mistakes. No mistakes -- no learning. The fact that you feel bad means you're a wonderful person.

Now give me some of that cake! I don't care how small it is!

Crushed said...

Tower of London, Warwick Castle, Guilt Trips...

Yes, that's why people come here.

I live nowhere near London, but we can probably fit Warwick Castle and the Guilt in.

Cazzie!!! said...

Oh shit, don't stress girl, shit happens. Go for a big walk with a nice warm parker on....get rid of the energy.

Jay said...

:(

Sorry you had a sad day.
Hope the cake helped.

Jay said...

:(

Sorry you had a sad day.
Hope the cake helped.

Anonymous said...

Well, on the bright side...cake!

Sometimes they will have a day old sheet cake made seemingly of pure sugar for about 2 dollars at my grovery store. Nothing wrong with that!

MissE said...

mmmmm, chocolate cake...... Damn. Now I'm gonna have to go get me some packet mix....... doh!

MissE said...

Oh, and don't be away on that trip too long, okay?

You should see me when I make one of the little animals... I mean students I work with cry. Total guilt-o-rama!

Josh said...

Like Type O Negative says, everything dies. In the meantime, there's cake.