Friday, July 20, 2007

The Curse of the Broken Gina continues

Oh yeah. You all think this is going to be a funny post. How fucking wrong you all are. If you want funny come back another time.

Harry Potter books are always released just before my birthday. It has become tradition for my mum to buy them and post them up to me. I get them within a few days, but this time I wanted the book on the day. On Tuesday night I rang mum to see what was going on. She hadn't ordered the book yet. She was going to buy a voucher, have it delivered directly to me, and I could pick up the book. Which sounds like a great plan. Except that she lives in Victoria and I live in Sydney. So we had to co-ordinate which book store we could do it through. We ended up selecting Angus & Robertson, because it is located in her home town and its at the Westfield across the road from me. Plus its a good $5 cheaper than some of the other stores.

The next day I get an email from her. She bought with Collins. Strange. I didn't think there was a Collins close by. I was right. The nearest Collins is in NORTH SYDNEY! Holy Freaking Cow woman! I ended up having to go and order and pay for the book myself. I can just see this is going to be the best birthday ever. NOT!

Regarding Green Eyes. Here's the breakdown;

Day 0: Ask him out. He says yes. Excitement and elation.
Day 1: Reeling in shock. Smiling like an idiot. Face hurts.
Day 2: Haven't heard. Still not worried.
Day 3: Should hear back toady. Will see him at work. He doesn't show but I'm cool, calm and collected.
Day 4: Freak out mode hits. I still haven't heard. Kez calms me down. He comes into work but I don't see him.
Day 5:I have to call him about work related things. I ask him if he's thought it over. He says to call him after work on his mobile. I call. Its turned off and goes through to message bank. I leave a message.
Day 6: Try calling him at a different time. Rings for a short period of time then goes to message bank. I suspect it was a rejected call.
Day 7: See him in passing at work. He blows out of there when I go to talk to someone else. Rung him just now. Went through to message bank. No surprise there. I asked him to call if he's still interested. Told him its ok if he's not and to have a good weekend, I'll see him on Monday. I can't put myself out there anymore.

The Curse of the Broken Gina has struck again.

Harry Potter Book released tomorrow. I'll be back on Monday.

15 comments:

Pie said...

But the guy could've said 'no' when you asked him. Why's he acting silly now? Blokes are stupid, sometimes I'm ashamed to be one.

I too will be hiding out with my Harry Potter book this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Down with boys.

Crushed said...

Well, he's an idiot that's all I can say.
Don't take it personally.
He sounds a fairly gutless specimen, so you you could do a lot better anyway.

I really believe you will find someone you deserve, but it isn't this guy.

Have a lovely weekend and do something you enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Well, that sucks. It's not like it should be a bug deal. I mean, how hard is it to meet up with someone?

If a girl seems to be dithering I just never call her back, but sometimes I have been surprised with something like "Well, my mom was in the hospital blah blah but I really want to see you!"

Natalia said...

Hehehe @ Down With Boys comment. Classic! :)

-N

Webmiztris said...

awww, now Green Eyes sounds like a jerk. I can't believe he said yes to a date and that now he's avoiding you! boys suck. :)

Cazzie!!! said...

Bugger him if he aint wantin' ya!

UBERMOUTH said...

Aren't you all going to feel like idiots if he is simply waiting for his herpes to clear up, he asks her out AND they get married???

Princess Banter said...

So why did he say yes when you asked him out? Could it be true that all guys are arse-holes?

Steph said...

Kick his sorry arse to the kerb. He's not deserving of your wonderfulness and that's fact!!

Anonymous said...

I feel for you babes, I really do. Being assed around is not a pleasant experience but we've all been there and had it happen to us. It sucks hairy dog balls. You did your best and the guy is being a weird arse - a really, really impolite, rude arse.

Your gorgeous. xx

Ms Smack said...

Yup, fuck him off. Not negotiable.

Dan said...

Well that just sucks my friend. All I can do is send virtual hugs. I know. They suck too. But I think you're awesome and deserve a few.

phishez said...

Pie - How good was the book?

Kelly - All boys should go down and stay there

Ingsoc - I did have a lovely weekend. Absolutely fantabulous

Underhill - I usually try to find out why.

Natalia - It was a good one

Miztris - Boys are very wierd.

Cazzie - Doesn't change the way I feel

Uber - I'm hoping its not herpes

Princess - Maybe he just wanted to proove me right?

Steph - I am wonderful aren't i?

Betty - Hairy dog balls - not a pleasant thought. I used to be a vet nurse.

Ms Smack - it is negotiable

Dan - hopefully will work out.

Ms Smack said...

ok, any news yet?